Thanks to the email “100 Days” from Nathan Barry, The Lam Art decided that The Lam will make a challenge: “Practicing Selling in 100 Days”.
In 100 days, I will do every job I used to hate before. Let’s see what will change after 100 days.
My worst skill is sale. I wanted to improve it. So I created this tiny challeng: “Selling 1 thing a day, in 100 days.”
Table of Contents
Day 01 | 16/12/2020
Today I sold myself.
It was my writing services.
I’ve been a writer and marketer for years as a way to earn money. Weeks ago, an old friend approached me and asked:
“Could you join our team to solve our problem, cold outreach?”
(Yeah, cold outreach is everyone’s problem.)
As I normally did for 5 years of being a marketer, I would tell them my rate, if they agreed we would discuss further.
Now after learning a precious courses on selling, I changed my way:
- I didn’t tell my rate.
- I began research for their inner problem. The worst pain they were facing right now.
- I offered a solution in short.
- Finally, I informed my rate.
- If they agreed with the solution and my rate, we would work together.
- If they wouldn’t, they could take this solution and find anyone who were capable of to get shit done.
- I didn’t have any regrets or anger.
- I just moved on to examine the next pain from the next potential customer.
It was how I worked right now:
They could do whatever they wanted, I offered value in an unconditional way and then I forgot.
I didn’t scare that I would lost clients. On the contrary, I knew that the more I did it, the better my life would be, both in finance and quality of life.
Day 02 | 17/12/2020
Today I sold myself, again.
For a long-last client.
I and him worked together in a short project: writing landing page for him.
I did exactly what I’d done yesterday:
- No rush to sell.
- Rush to examine his problem in depth.
- Then offer solution without expecting any sales.
- He could take my ideas and find anyone he wants.
- What will come, will come.
Then he asked:
“Would you want to work on another landing page? I would show you the landing page I needed to fix.”
He showed me 2 more landing pages.
Selling myself – mission completed.
Just small tasks. Just small works. What was important is I improved in sales, one small step a day.
Day 03 | 26/12/2020
Today I sold flowers.
We celebrated Tet for every year. Today I sold flowers for Tet. I hoped that I could sale 100 packs.